Here’s a quick review of the general steps for treatment with CIMZIA, once you and your doctor have agreed that CIMZIA is the right choice for you. You’ll find additional detailed information throughout CIMZIA.com, or you can always speak with your doctor or call a CIMplicity® nurse at 1-844-UCBNurse (1-844-822-6877).
Getting your prescription
- You and your doctor will determine if you will self-inject CIMZIA at home or have CIMZIA administered by a healthcare professional at your doctor's office.
- If you will be injecting CIMZIA at home, you may be eligible for the CIMplicity® Savings Program1. To begin your enrollment today, click here to enroll in CIMplicity.
- Your doctor will schedule any necessary tests or immunizations prior to your first injection.
- Arrange to have your first prescription filled and sent either to your home for self-injection, to your local pharmacy for pick up, or to your doctor's office. If you are eligible for the CIMplicity® Savings Program1, you will need your card number when speaking to the specialty pharmacy.
When it’s time to inject
- Take CIMZIA as prescribed by your doctor: This may include starter doses of two 200-mg injections at day 0, day 14 (week 2), and day 28 (week 4).
- Taking CIMZIA at home: If agreed upon by you and your doctor, your prescription will come in a prefilled syringe and you will receive injection training from your healthcare provider. You can also arrange to have a registered, licensed nurse come to your home, free of charge, to provide training for you or a caregiver through CIMplicity®2.
- Taking CIMZIA at your doctor’s office: If you will not be administering self-injections, a healthcare professional will administer CIMZIA onsite.
- Record the date and injection site of each CIMZIA injection in a calendar, and be sure to add a reminder in your calendar for your next scheduled dose. If available, consider scheduling an automatic refill of your medication through your pharmacy.
- Sign up for CIMplicity®2 support services, including the CIMplicity® Savings Program1, at-home injection training, medication reminders, co-pay support, and sharps syringe disposal.
- Take advantage of our CIMplicity® Savings Program or other financial assistance. Eligibility and maximum limits apply.
- Always follow your doctor's instructions. For example, if prescribed starter doses of CIMZIA, take both injections as prescribed by your doctor—do not skip taking one of these injections even if you are feeling better.
- Still have questions? Speak with someone who can help: Call a CIMplicity® nurse at 1-844-UCBNurse (1-844-822-6877), Monday-Friday, 8 AM-8 PM, ET, for help with your questions.
1Savings Card Eligibility: Available to individuals with commercial prescription insurance coverage for CIMZIA. Not valid for prescriptions that are reimbursed, in whole or in part, under Medicare (including Medicare Part D), Medicaid, similar federal-or state-funded programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico), or where otherwise prohibited bylaw. Product dispensed pursuant to program rules and federal and state laws. Claims should not be submitted to any public payor (ie, Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, TRICARE, VA, and DoD) for reimbursement.
The maximum annual benefit amount is $15,000 per calendar year. The parties reserve the right to amend or end this program at any time without notice.
If you are uninsured, other financial assistance may be available. Call UCBCares toll free at 1-844-599-CARE (2273) for more information. The CIMplicity® program is provided as a service of UCB, Inc., and is intended to support the appropriate use of CIMZIA. Any CIMplicity program may be amended or canceled at any time without notice. Some program and eligibility restrictions apply. Please consult your doctor if you have any questions about your condition or treatment. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The CIMplicity Savings Card is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to license by Visa USA, Inc. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank ©2014. See the Cardholder Agreement for Terms and Conditions. By accepting, signing, or using this savings card, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Cardholder Agreement. This savings card will remain the property of the issuing institution and the privilege of its use may be withdrawn at any time.
UCB, Inc., is not liable for unintended or unauthorized use of the CIMplicity® Savings Card if it is lost or stolen.
2The CIMplicity program is provided as a service of UCB and is intended to support the appropriate use of CIMZIA. The CIMplicity program may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice. Some program and eligibility restrictions may apply.